Now you can invite Tenno and/or join a Clan/Alliance on a different platform, and Add Friends from other Platforms. Before being able to participate, players will have to have Cross Platform Play enabled for their account (System Options / Cross Platform Play).
Cross Platform Friends Details:
Provided Cross Platform Play is enabled, you can add friends from other Platforms! Tenno Friends may appear as either a "Warframe Friend" (from your in-game friends list), a "Platform Friend" (from your console's friend list), or both! When you hover over someone's name, it will show which of these they are.
You can add Cross Platform Friends a number of ways:
• Add someone in your squad by hovering over their username and selecting "Add Friend"
• Add someone from a recent session under "Recent Players"
• Pause Menu / Communication / Friends / Recent Players
• Search for Friends on any Platform by typing their username into the Search bar
• Pause Menu / Communication / Friends / Search
• In the event that a username is not unique across all Platforms, you can distinguish accounts with two identifiers:
• Either the Cross Platform Play Icon or a Platform Specific Icon (if you play on the same Platform) will appear beside each username.
• A short string of numbers unique to every account will follow the username. Reminder: you can view your account's short string of numbers via the Pause Menu / Profile / My Profile.
Cross Platform Clans/Alliance:
How to Enable/Disable: Note that while the existing "Cross Platform Play" settings toggle is ON by default, the "Enable Cross Platform Clan" setting is OFF by default.
A Clan's Founding Warlord can enable/disable Cross Platform for their Clan via the Pause Menu / Communication / Clan / Clan Management / Enable Cross Platform Clan.
To disable Cross Platform Clans once one has been enabled, all Cross Platform members must be removed from the Clan first.
Cross Platform Play Clan Specifics:
• Tenno joining from a different platform will have access to that Clan's Dojo, Research progress, and Clan/Alliance chat.
• Trading Posts in Cross Platform Clans currently only allow trading between players on the same platform, as we're still exploring options for Cross Platform Trading.
• Similar to Cross Platform Play Aliases, Clans with Cross Platform Play enabled have a # number associated with it to distinguish it, and will also include the Cross Play icon.
• The number is displayed in the Clan Profile, Alliance management, and Clan Advertisements screens.
• Cross Platform Play Clans advertisements are only visible to players on different Platforms who also have Cross Platform Play enabled on their account.
• The following change was added in the Abyss of Dagath update: Resources refunded from canceling Dojo Rooms and Decorations has been changed to ensure parity between Cross Platform and non-Cross Platform Play Clans. Instead of the resources returning to the contributing players' inventories, it will now be refunded to the Clan Vault.
Cross Platform Play Alliance Specifics
Located in the Alliance Management Menu, enabling Cross Platform Alliances works the same way as enabling Cross Platform Clans. Select Management / Enable Cross Platform Alliance.
Note that only Clan Founding Warlords with the “Ruler” permission within the Alliance can Enable Cross Platform Alliance.
Once Enabled, you can invite Clans created on other platforms to join your Alliance. Keep in mind an Alliance’s Cross Platform settings do not dictate the individual Clans’ Cross Platform settings. For example, if you Disable Cross Platform Alliance, a Clan in your Alliance could still enable Cross Platform Clans and have members from other Platforms among their ranks.