If you are a PC player who uses the Steam version of Warframe and has Steam Economy purchases (such as TennoGen), you can link or unlink your Steam account from the Options menu.
Please note that the following method does not work for TennoGen items you purchased directly from In-game Market as these apply directly to the account that is logged into the game when you purchased them. If you are missing Steam Economy purchases, use the following steps to link the appropriate Steam account to your Warframe account.
How do I know if I have a purchase from the Steam Economy?
- Open your Steam client, click on your username, select 'View my profile', then click on 'Inventory'.
- Select 'Warframe' (if there is an option) and you should see a tileset displaying your Steam Economy purchases.
- If you have at least one item displayed there, then you are able to link your Steam account to your Warframe account.
- If you DO NOT have any items displayed, then you do not have any currency Steam Economy purchase, and would NOT be able to link your accounts. Please note that there is no additional benefit to linking a Steam account to a Warframe account other than to view purchases made from the Steam Economy.
Steps to Link/Unlink your Account
- Launch the game using your Steam Client
- Hit ESC
- Click Options
- Click "Social"
- Choose "Link" or "Unlink Steam Account"
These options will not be available unless you are using the Steam version of Warframe.
I get an error message that says, "Account Bound Failed". What does that mean?
The system will only link your Steam account to a Warframe account if it is required for the account to receive specific items. If you are getting this error, and are not missing any items, you do NOT need to link your account.
Additionally, you will not be able to unbind/bind an account for 7-days after you make changes to your account. This cool-down system is not only a Steam-specific feature (and we cannot bypass it), but it's also put in place to maintain the security and privacy of your accounts.